Google analytics is a free web analysis service, it is offered by Google for tracking and reporting about website traffic. Using this tool Website owners can easily understand the performance of their web site
Benefits of Google Analytics Tracking:
- It will store the details of each user, so that it easily identify if the same visitor visit again.
- It helps us to know the information like the pages the user visited, how long the user has seen, and which site the user visited before visiting this page.
- Which language the user speaks
- On which page the user left often
- How many pages user viewing
- Able to see which time of the day is the hottest for your website
- Helps to see how the user found you, whether through a search engine or social networks
- Also able to know how users interact with our website content, how many user clicked particular links
This kind of information shown to the website owner by Google analytics and it is not shown to anybody else.
Google Analytical tricks:
1. Setting a goal
Goal setting for a website are the foundation for analysing because everything based on your goals only, the goals is especially business goals like you can set a goal in contact us form to track conversions.
2. Connect to Google webmaster account
Connect to Google webmaster tool account with Google analytics accounts and get access to the new SEO report. Then you can able to see reports like Geographical summary, Queries, landing pages.
3. Enable Site speed
Google analytics helps to see the loading time of your pages and it is easy to know on which page needs more attention. Then the site owner can increase the loading time of the pages.
4. Enable site search
Visitor those who use your website search box, they are likely to convert other thing. Because of your website keywords or products and service.
5. Track events
Tracking the events on your website is easy by Google analytics. It tracks the information like how many of the user downloaded your e-book, what error the user found during the checkout.
6. Real-time reporting
It is used to know the information about the amount of time the user spent on your website, how many visitors visiting your site at a particular moment, and from where they came from, where they live.
7. Multi-channel funnels
This helps to track the details like, from where the user came from. Example: ads, social media, organic, referrals.
8. Use Campaign Tracking
Used to the track the links from other website and links that you used for promoting your content or campaigns. To use Campaign tracking should need to tag your URLs with special parameters.
9. Plot Rows
By using this you can able to find how your pages, referrals or main keywords compare with each other and with the overall metrics of the website.
10. Custom Dashboards
In the new version of the Google analytics user can create up to 20 dashboards as per your needs.
11. Flow visualization
Google analytics show two types of reports one is the Visitors’ flow and another one is Goal flow